【Notice No.36】Forwarded_Correct Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic 2021.9.8
Duration: September 7th- September 20th
1. Limited opening
(1) The campus is open for sports and exercising during weekdays 6:30-8:30, 17:00-21:00. Weekends and holidays are closed.
(2) Limited entrance: The main entrance remains the single entrance.
(3) Restricted area: Only sports areas are available. Other areas remain closed.
2. Activities / Gatherings:
(1) The maximum number of participants is 80 indoors and 300 outdoors in a gathering. Real-name registration and checkerboard seats should be strictly implemented and set up; participants should wear masks properly all the time; hand sanitizers should be provided. If the gathering involves the cross-city/county movement or the participations of visitors, the organizer must draw up a plan to prevent cluster transmission.
(2) For events exceeding 80 people indoors or 300 people outdoors, the organizer must provide a prevention plan to the supervisors/authorities and only after being approved can the event be held.
(3) For events that do not involve business confidentiality, or where food/drink is required, virtual meeting is recommended as the preferred option.
3. Individuals must wear a mask all the time when entering the campus. Real-name Contact System and Fever Screening Station are established in all buildings. Eating and drinking are prohibited in outdoor areas.
1. The sports areas are open to the public for a limited period: Masks must be worn throughout the entire process; Real-name Contact System must be implemented. If there are more than 5 outdoor / 3 indoor violations reported or photographed on the day of the incident, the venue will be closed for 1 day.
(1) Outdoor Stadiums: 06:30-08:30 and 17:00-21:00 (Mon.-Fri.)
(open to all individuals)
- Opening: Athletic field, basketball court (8 courts), volleyball court (5 courts), tennis court.
- Reservations required: Ice-skating rink, Futsal pitch
(2) Indoor Stadiums: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 17:00-21:00
- Badminton court: Limited to 80 people
- Table tennis room: Limited to 40 people
- Basketball/volleyball court: Limited to 50 people
PS: The above-mentioned venues are open to faculty, staff, students and retirees only.
(Specific permission for entering is required for campus visitors)
(3) Swimming Pool: Open in accordance with the guidelines of the outsourcing company's announcement and regulations.
(4) Closed: Gymnasium, Horizontal-Bar Court (under construction), Zhongming South Road Basketball and Volleyball Court, and Tennis/Volleyball Practice Area.
2. Library: Open to faculty, staff and students.
(1) 1st to 6th floors: opening hours: 8:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday
(2) Multimedia center: opening hours: 10:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday(Video Watching Service onsite is not provided).
(3) Reading Room and Learning Commons will be available starting from September 15th:
- Reading Room: 08:00-17:00 (Mon-Fri)
- Learning Commons: 08:30-16:30 (Mon-Fri)
(4) Li Ang Museum: Open from September 1st from 13:00-17:00, Monday to Friday. (Closed on national holidays and consecutive holidays)
The maximum number of visitors per tour is 15; the museum is not available for visiting/individual all the time. If you have a request for a tour, please contact NCHU Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences at (04)2284-0708 ext. 109.
(5) Out-of-service areas: NCHU Archives Room, Special Collections Room, Assisted Reading Areas without windows, Individual Research Room, Group Study Room, Meeting Room, and Restroom on the east side on the 1st floor.
3. Cafeteria: Dine-in services shall follow the regulations announced by Ministry of Health and Welfare and CECC (Central Epidemic Command Center).
1. Due to the delayed College Entrance Examination, the next semester (Fall 2021) is adjusted to start on September 15th, 2021. The final term exam is adjusted to be held from January 12th to 18th, 2022. Updated semester calendar: http://nchu.cc/6Qt46
2. All courses should implement and practice online/distance teaching from Sep. 15th to Oct. 3rd for the forthcoming semester.
3. From October 4th to the end of semester:
(1) Courses with a total of 81 students or above: This type of course should implement distance learning if the maximum number of students indoors remains at 80 after October 4 (according to CECC).
(2) Courses with less than 80 students: Physical classes can be conducted. If teachers and students have concerns regarding pandemic prevention, they may initiate or reach agreements with the students on the implementation of distance learning.
(3) The above-mentioned standards for the number of students in remote or physical courses are adjusted according to the maximum number of students indoors as announced by the CECC. Distance learning must follow the guidelines of “NCHU Distance Learning Implementation Regulations”.
4. Extension for the deadline of applications (in paper):
(1) Application of mutual selection of courses between regular master students and students of in-service master program, mutual selection of courses between bachelor students and bachelor students of extension education, and application for course reduction: extended until October 8th, 2021.
(2) Application for Credit Waiver and Transference, Double Major/Second Major/Credit Course: Extended to October 15th, 2021.
1. Division of Extra-Curricular Activities:
(1) Yun Ping Building: CLOSED. Individuals who enter the building are required to wear masks properly all the time; real-name registration and temperature measurement must be strictly implemented.
(2) Hui-Sun Memorial Hall South and North (Basement): CLOSED.
(3) Restaurant 3F: CLOSED.
(4) Small Auditorium & areas around the building: CLOSED.
2. Club offices opening time: 8:00-17:00(Mon.-Fri.). Eating and drinking are prohibited (follow the regulations announced by Ministry of Health and Welfare and CECC).
3. Applications for extra-curricular activities are available; online activities are also encouraged. When running an event, please follow the process of and the policy of Division of Extra-Curricular as well as the regulations announced by Ministry of Health and Welfare and CECC.
★NCHU will adjust our timely responses and preventive measures constantly in accordance with the Central Pandemic Command Centre's announcement.
Source: Media Relations Division, Office of Secretariat
Translate by Office of International Affairs, NCHU
|Department||Office of International Affairs|
|Name||Office of International Affairs|