Masks must be worn at all times when outside, except for the following situations in an outdoor environment
Forward information :
Nationwide epidemic alert to remain at Level 2 from October 19 to November 1; CECC makes adjustments to related measures and urges public to continue following epidemic prevention and control measuresAs the pandemic has continued to subside and the situation is under control in Taiwan, after discussions with relevant agencies and assessments, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced on October 17 that it will maintain the Level 2 epidemic alert, effective from October 19 to November 1. Details about adjustments to related regulations are listed below.
A. Level 2 measures:
1.Unless an exception applies, masks must be worn at all times when outside: people will not be required to wear a mask when doing exercises outdoors or taking individual/group photos indoors and outdoors, or if social distancing can be maintained and they do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
2. Contact information registration measures and social distancing must be implemented.
3.Crowd control or capacity limit management at commercial business venues and public venues: a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) is required indoors and a distance of 1 meter per person (1 square meters per person) is required outdoors.
4. The limit on the number of people in gatherings (including meetings, exhibitions, wedding banquets, and banquets):
(1) 80 people indoors or over 80 people indoors but a distance of at least 1.5 meters per person (2.25 square meters per person) shall be maintained between people.
(2) 300 people outdoors.
(3) Any gathering that doesn't follow the above-mentioned rules should submit an epidemic prevention and control plan or should be organized according to the regulations of the competent authority.
B. Masks must be worn at all times when outside, except for the following situations in an outdoor environment:
1. People doing exercises outdoors;
2. People taking individual/group photos indoors and outdoors;
3. People in the agriculture, forestry, fishing, and animal husbandry sectors that work in open spaces (such as farm fields, fish ponds, forests and mountains);
4. People in forests and mountains (including forest recreation areas) and those on the beach.
In the above-mentioned situations, people will not be required to wear a mask, but they should carry a mask with them. People should still wear a mask if they have related symptoms or if they cannot maintain social distancing from non-specific persons.
5. People who need to consume food and beverages when outside will not be required to wear a mask if social distancing can be maintained or partitions are installed.
6.Masks may be temporarily removed in venues (e.g., the dining area of Taiwan Railway Administration and Taiwan High-Speed Rail) or during activities that comply with the CECC's or competent authority's epidemic prevention and control rules.
C. Venues that should remain closed: Singing and dance venues, nightclubs, clubs, hostess bars, bars, pubs, and beauty parlors (tourist parlors and audio-video parlors)
|Department||Office of International Affairs|